[wplug] osCommerce

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 17:57:05 EDT 2005

Has anyone here ever had any experience with osCommerce? In case you
don't know what this is, it's a GPL'd online shopping cart, written in
PHP and utilizing MySQL and Apache. And of course it'll run on Linux.
Look here:
http://oscommerce.com/

I've never worked with it before, but I have a client who's planning
to use it extensively. It seems simple enough to get into, even though
I haven't used PHP or MySQL before (I know, pity me). Thing is,
though, customizing osCommerce really isn't my job. My immediate
concerns involve handling the data passed in and out of the system.
We've got some web designers working on it, but their focus is more
design- and interface-driven, producing decent sites, and using
osCommerce as the back end.

So I'm looking around to see who, in the Pittsburgh area, has worked
with or customized osCommerce. We're just looking for a little
technical know-how, some practical advice. There could be some
part-time job opportunities here, but I can't guarantee anything.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>