[wplug] GTK+?

Duncan Hutty dhutty+wplug at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 26 08:15:04 EDT 2005

On 08/26/2005 02:56 AM, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
 > I'm trying to compile a niche GTK-based application on my computer,
 > running Debian 3.1, and Gnome 2.8ish.  The configure script gives the
 > error that it can't find GTK+.  I don't really know exactly what GTK is,
 > but I would be surprised if it wasn't on my computer.

Be aware that some applications will need a version of gtk and some will
need gtk2 and they are not interchangeable. For example, if something
requires a version of gtk >= 1.2.9, then gtk-1.2.10 will suffice but
gtk-2.6.4 will not.

This may be obvious from their install docs, but I thought I'd point it
out since I fell over something similar recently and especially for
'niche' applications in the scientific community which seem to assume
that you're the type of individual who was eating serial with their milk
in kindergarten.
--
Duncan Hutty
System Administrator, ECE