[wplug] Voice Recorders?

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Fri Aug 26 07:40:28 EDT 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:

> I see this question asked on a number of mailing lists but never answered.
> Could it be that there are simply NO open-source-compatible digital voice
> recorders on the market?  I have't been able to find any.
>
> Has anyone else looked for / found such a thing?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Maybe I'm just not thinking clearly this
early in the morning.  Could you be more specific as to what you want to
do?

Wouldn't any audio program such as Audacity and a microphone be a digital
voice recorder?  Or in terms of hardware, my wife's MP3 player (iRiver)
will record with a built-in mic and there are programs for connecting it
to a Linux machine.

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)                                           ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.net <--personal | http://www.sugapablo.com  <--music   ]