[wplug] GTK+?

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Fri Aug 26 02:56:51 EDT 2005

I'm trying to compile a niche GTK-based application on my computer,
running Debian 3.1, and Gnome 2.8ish.  The configure script gives the
error that it can't find GTK+.  I don't really know exactly what GTK is,
but I would be surprised if it wasn't on my computer.

How can I test if gtk is installed, and what version it is?  I've tried $
dpkg-query -l "*gtk*" and variations, but I can't find any GTK+2.0 package
(installed or no)and there's no manual entry for gtk.  How can I tell what
version I'm running?

-Brandon