[wplug] Blacklisting a driver from hotplug

beer beer at cmu.edu
Wed Aug 24 14:29:59 EDT 2005

Hello folks

I find myself in an interesting dilemma.  I have a windows vmware image that runs on my linux box.  I need to allow this virtual machine to access my pda.  Linux used to treat my pda as usb disk so I could just remove usb-storage and vmware was able to access the pda.  However, there now seems to be a PocketPC driver included in usbserial.  I cant unload usbserial because its necessary to communicate with the virtual machine.  Does anyone know of a way to blacklist the driver in hte module instead?

I have the feeling I am beating my head up against a wall here, but I figured it was worth asking.

tia

-b