[wplug] cyrus-imapd / postfix / ???

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 12:03:59 EDT 2005

On 8/19/05, ian <ian at zybro.com> wrote:
>  The reason I want to stop the emails is that I believe sendmail does not
> even exist on my system...
>
>  It seems each time I install postfix it removes sendmail. This is why I am
> confused that the beautiful beast, CRON DAEMON, is sending me a message
> about not finding sendmail - it's not installed...

It's possible that there are still parts of sendmail installed, or
possibly postfix is running some process that is running as some sort
of sendmail emulation (since many things assume that there is a
'sendmail' binary).  There's nothing wrong with Cron.  Cron is doing
it's job and the script that it is running is generating an error.
Cron is your friend.  It's telling you that it really tried to run
this program that it's been configured to run, and it's getting an
error.  You want to help Cron.  Cron wants you to help it.

If I recall correctly, this is the original email from Cron: