[wplug] cyrus-imapd / postfix / ???

Chester R. Hosey Chester.Hosey at gianteagle.com
Fri Aug 19 11:16:10 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 11:11 -0400, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On 8/19/05, ian <ian at zybro.com> wrote:
>
> >  Subject: Cron <smmsp at debianserver> test -x /usr/share/sendmail/sendmail &&
> > /usr/share/sendmail/sendmail cron-msp
> >  From: Cron Daemon <root at zybro.com>
> >  To: root at zybro.com
> >
> >  /usr/share/sendmail/sendmail: line 820: /usr/sbin/sendmail-msp: No such
> > file or directory
>
> I'd probably check and see why there is no /usr/sbin/sendmail-msp, and
> whether line 820 of /usr/share/sendmail/sendmail is referring to it.
> I've actually seen this error before on systems that was forwarding
> all it's mail to our ticket tracking system (since it was sending to
> root through our smtp server).
>
> Probably root or the system's crontab is running
> "/usr/share/sendmail/sendmail cron-msp".  Look at /etc/crontab and
> possibly in the directories /etc/cron.*/

That wasn't the question! The question is how to stop the symptom -- he
doesn't seem to care about the actual condition. I'll bet there are
several people here that are qualified to try to help diagnose the
cause, but he hasn't told us what happened when the problem started.

So far he hasn't even given us a 'ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail-msp' with
which to start. Without even that much, I'm not making guesses as to
what's going on. I'm sticking to the original question of stopping mail.

Is anyone up for a "how to stop getting email" thread? I'll start!

1) Sever the network link. Two words: hedge clippers.

Chet