[wplug] cyrus-imapd / postfix / ???

Chester R. Hosey Chester.Hosey at gianteagle.com
Fri Aug 19 11:05:30 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 10:58 -0400, Chester R. Hosey wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 10:35 -0400, ian wrote:

> If you'd like to stop receiving them without fixing the actual problem,
> install "procmail", and create a file called .procmailrc in your home
> directory with the following contents (cut and paste them, or be sure to
> type a zero on the first line, not a capital letter 'O'):
>
> :0
> * ^From: Cron Daemon.*
> /dev/null

I forgot to mention that if your mail system isn't using 'procmail' for
delivery, you'll also need to edit (and probably create) a file in your
home directory called .forward, with the following contents:

|/usr/bin/procmail

Only try this if you don't stop receiving the messages after
creating .procmailrc, otherwise it may cause unwanted side effects.

Chet