[wplug] I'm a Linux whimp (need kernel help)

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Tue Aug 16 14:37:53 EDT 2005

Actually - I tried 3 different things.

1 - Obtain CVS for savage DRI  - would not build.

2 - Install SuSE RPM for DRM modules and build them. - Kernel built without
the modules.

3 - Downloaded snaphots (tarballs containing DRI common source and savage
modules) from the DRI project and let the install script included do all the
work. - SUCCESS

I'm just trying to figure out why step 2 failed because I thought that since
SuSE made the RPM, it would integrate easily into my existing kernel.
It seems I was mistaken.