[wplug] I'm a Linux whimp (need kernel help)

Burt E Reany breany at csc.com
Mon Aug 15 12:16:03 EDT 2005

Will a 'strings' command against the compiler return "Kudzu" || "kudzu" ,
the way it does in the other brand of software?

for such purpose.

                      "Poyner, Brandon"
                      <bpoyner                  To:      "General user list" <wplug at wplug.org>
                      @ccac.edu>                cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject: RE: [wplug] I'm a Linux whimp (need kernel help)
                      wplug-bounces+bre
                      any=csc.com

                      08/15/2005 11:58
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      General user list

> Even very simple things like /usr/bin/yes
> have increased nearly 50% since RHEL 8.0.  Don't get me started on how
> little disk space you could install earlier versions on.
>
> RH8.0  -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 10488 Aug 29  2002 /usr/bin/yes
> RH9    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 11100 Oct 29  2003 /usr/bin/yes
> FC2    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 14532 May  4  2004 /usr/bin/yes
> FC3    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 15216 Oct  5  2004 /usr/bin/yes
> RHEL 4 -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 15216 Feb 22 11:18 /usr/bin/yes

In case anybody is wondering why I'm picking on /usr/bin/yes, here's the
(minus useless header info) BSD source code to /usr/bin/yes.  I'm not
sure what the GNU version looks like but I'd be shocked if it was much
bigger.

#include <stdio.h>

int
main(argc, argv)