[wplug] I'm a Linux whimp (need kernel help)

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Sun Aug 14 19:01:02 EDT 2005

Just when I think things are going well.......................................

So I fix up my xorg.conf and manually load the savage.ko module with modprobe.
I fire up X and get a message about my DRI and kernel modules being different
versions.

No direct rendering.

I fooled with merging in the /usr/src/kernel-modules/dri into
the /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/drm directory.

After a make modules, still no savage modules.

I'm going to try the CVS stuff again tonight.

Is anyone out there following this and see what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bob