[wplug] wireless networking stability

Rick Reynolds rick at rickandviv.net
Fri Aug 12 20:18:58 EDT 2005

Nathan Marcus wrote:

>Good idea with the ice!  Shoulda done that during Gentoo on a
>laptop... Anyhow, I would begin to suspect the module is acting badly
>with something that is predictable enough that it happens in under an
>hour.  I have a feeling it is going to be a simple/stupid solution at
>this point.

Another report.  I've turned off waproamd to see if it was causing the
problem.  With it turned off, the wireless seems a little more solid --
it doesn't drop out quite as predictably.  But it still drops out
eventually.

One thing that seems different without waproamd running is that when it
drops out, iwconfig no longer shows the access point MAC address.  So
maybe I'm dealing with a compound problem: there is an issue with the
driver dropping out and waproamd also has issues (???).

Anyone with any other ideas for something to try?

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
 Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick
to anger. -- J. R. R. Tolkien