[wplug] wireless networking stability

Rick Reynolds rick at rickandviv.net
Fri Aug 12 17:04:36 EDT 2005

> One other item:  I've noticed that it drops off when I'm using the
> wireless card more -- during a download of a large file, for instance
> rather than during just web browsing or email reading.  The fact that
> it drops off during a higher load also points to a possible
> temperature issue ... right?

Well, I'm doubting it's a temperature issue.  I've had the laptop
sitting on a bag of ice during the last hour or so, and the networking
keeps cutting in and out.  I've verified that the bottom of my laptop is
nice and cool, so I'm doubting the wireless card is overheating.

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
 It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
potatoes. -- Douglas Adams