[wplug] [OT] ooh ooh ...

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Aug 12 09:42:31 EDT 2005

"Philip Reiche" <Philip.Reiche at pl.netl.doe.gov> wrote:

> I bought the DVD set on Steve's and your recommendation back in late
> June, and I love it!  My wife loves it! She's a huge fan of Sci-Fi and
> westerns and Firefly combines the two styles quite well. Best TV we've
> seen in years. The pilot, shown for some inane reason at the end of the
> series when it was broadcast, does a great job introducing the
> characters and establishing the ongoing plotlines.

It's funny (to me) that so many people complain about that.  I found it
to be an interesting way to learn about the characters ... like continually
going into flashback.  It seems like that's the most commonly cited
problem with the original series, though (the ordering).

> Minor spoiler:
>

> One of my favorite scenes. Bad guys fought crew of Firefly and lost.
> Baddest of the thugs makes one of those TV "you may have won this time
> but I'll track you down if it's the last thing I do" vows. Hero kicks
> him into the intake of an engine, ending threat. Nice ....

When the show originally aired, that was the first episode.  I remember
telling everyone how cool that scene was at the time, and people looked
at me and said, "Fire-what?  What's this about?  Never heard of it.  When
is it on?"

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies