Bigtime OT - was:Re: [wplug] [OT] ooh ooh ...

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu Aug 11 22:38:22 EDT 2005

> Serenity is Firefly ...
>
> Firefly is the Star Trek of recent history.  It ran for one season.  It was
> the best show on telivision during that time, but the WB canceled for some
> unexplanable reason (perhaps they aren't in favor of TV that's actually
> good)
>
> Because the show was so good, after it got cancelled, they got a movie deal,
> which became Serenity.
>
> (Historical show data: Serenity is the _name_ of the spaceship in the show.
> Firefly is the model of the spaceship.  Even more historical trivia: Serenity
> was the name of the deciding battle where the galactic civil war ended ...
> I don't know if it was the planet Serenity, or the city Serenity on some
> planet.  Captain Mal named the ship after that battle.)
>
> Anyway, anyone who knows me knows how much I bitched and whined when
> Firefly was cancelled, so I've been jumping around like a drunken idiot
> with excitement every time more information about the movie is released.
>
> I need to purchase the Firefly DVD set, and have a DVD party before the
> movie comes out ...

 	Sorry, folks, I have to comment.

 	Absolutely LOVED Firefly, though the inorder presented, and
inconsistant ordering of the episodes really confused me. I had to
painstakenly download each episode from P2P networks in order to get the
whole show, and understand what they were doing. Fabulous.

 	"The Train Job" really did it for me. Full-on.

 	Then, the last episode really pissed me off. It turned all
soap-opearish -- the episode where the crew was supposed to help some
whorehouse fend-off some fiendish cowboys.

 	I am, however, drooling over the film, which I hope to watch in
the theatre soon. I can't imagine why "will and grace" is on TV, but no
real Sci-Fi shows. Makes me mad. TV is shit without Sci-Fi channel.

--

Drew from Zhrodague
drew at zhrodague.net
http://www.WiFiMaps.com