[wplug] Software Development Career

Telerama gregsim at telerama.com
Wed Aug 10 12:05:33 EDT 2005

Hi Ian,

CCAC had a similar program (known as Carnegie Technical Education (CTE) described at  www.carnegietech.org)  that was developed by CMU and piloted at CCAC.  It comprised CCAC courses CIT501-510.  I took CIT501-505, which would have gotten me a certificate in programming, had I certified in the final course.  The latter five courses would result in a certificate in development.  I never finished 505 and alas, now the program has been terminated at CCAC.

The courses on the page you referenced were pretty much parallel to those in the CTE program.  You can certainly learn the fundamentals of object oriented programing, which is a valuable tool and a good foundation for further development.  The price is affordable and often the instructors are talented and experienced people in the field.

Greg