[wplug] BitTorrent

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sat Aug 6 15:20:07 EDT 2005

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Kevin Squire wrote:

> I also have debian, and had a similar situation when I first used the
> btdownloadgui.  The fix for me was to open ports 6881-6889 on my
> firewall. (I am using IPCop as my firewall, if that helps any).  I
> normally leave them closed, till I see the gui sitting stagnant, then as
> soon as I open the ports, things begin to work.  Now, I am not sure if
> that will help you any, since you seem to want to use a different port,
> but that was what worked for me.
>
> BTW, if you launch  'btdownloadgui.bittorrent' without any arguement,
> then a window lauches with various options (similar to using -h on
> others). Maybe that will help.

Yeah, I know the arguments I need to use -- the problem is, where do I
specify them?  The program gets called based on the email-attachment's
MIME type, and I select it and btdownloadgui starts automatically.  What I
would like to know is the right way to modify the behavior of a
MIME-associated application in Debian.

If nobody here has any suggestions, I'll take this to the Debian list and
ask there.

-Brandon