[wplug] OT: Microphone headset and standard speakers

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Thu Aug 4 12:32:53 EDT 2005

Dear WPLUG,

I know that many of you are using Skype, so I tought I would ask your
opinions/setups.

My work is getting all of use the microphone/headset things (like you
use with skype).  2 plugs, one for the speaker and one for the mic.  Now
how can I set them up without replacing (pulling out) my current
speakers plug?

The back of the computer is "out of reach" so it is not like I can keep
switching things around based on what I need.  I would like to still be
able to listen to music/podcasts with my current speakers when I am not
on the conferences.

What do some of you do to solve the issue of using headset mic and
standard speakers?

Kevin