[wplug] OT again: LaTeX primers

Cameron McBride cameron.mcbride at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:00:25 EDT 2005

> But I'm flatly convinced that it's the most powerful document preparation
> system in existence.  I went from zero (last January) to everything in
> about 18 months -- now I use it for posters, slideshows, papers, letters

speaking of capabilities of LaTeX.  Within the last year, I've started
using it again for presentations.  Not sure how many of you know, but
beamer is a great project (both for a pretty presentation and clean
easy latex).

http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/
http://www.math.umbc.edu/~rouben/beamer/quickstart.html

beats the heck outta powerpoint.  And since you just use a fullscreen
PDF document, there are never font variations once you get it looking
like you want.

Cameron