[wplug] cross scripting question

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 2 21:44:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm working on a backup script to be implemented in Solaris,
Linux, and FreeBSD environments.  Now I have some problems with
the version of Linux date(1).  It doesn't seem to comply with
POSIX and requires a completely different format then that of
ISO 8601.  Basically, what I need is a way to output the date
subtract one day.  Is there an easy way to do this on Linux?

I need to print the date in the following format:

2005-08-02

But I want to subtract one day from that (so that the filename
is one day before the check).

Any help would be great ... otherwise, guess I could use some
awk(1) and sed(1) magic here.  :(

--
Tom Rhodes