[wplug] OT: MBA Thesis follow-up from last summer 2004

dqtran1 at earthlink.net dqtran1 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 17:54:17 EDT 2005

OT: MBA Thesis Survey follow-up.

About 9 months ago, some of you helped me out by responding to my
online MBA Thesis survey. This is a follow-up to that request.

First the Good news, I finished my MBA Thesis and it's bounded and
published. I got my degree Fall 2004. I graduated BGS Beta Gamma Sigma MBA Honor Society.

I'd like to thank those who gave me 5 minutes of their precious and
valuable time to do my survey.

I didn't originally send this incentive out in the original
invitation to the email, but subsequent emails had an incentive that
I would enter the respondents in a raffle for a PDA. I had it approved
by my Thesis Chair. He said it was OK with him and I explained my
budget was approximately $100.

Anyway, I originally wanted/needed 300 respondents, and solicited to these five user groups,
wplug at wplug.org
lula at lula.org
uuasc at uuasc.org
uug-list at uug.byu.edu
novalug at tux.org
I only got about 125 respondents. So I had to make do with these. Of these, only 52 left their
email addresses. So that only these were entered into the raffle. So
the odds were actually pretty good 52-to-1 of winning a PDA.

So the winner is a person named Ryan, whose email begins with rjl. He has responded to
my email and accepted the PDA. So he should receive it shortly.

If you're interested or curious f you were entered in the raffle, I've attached
a list showing the first part of the respondents email addresses.

The process was very random, I let my 2 year old boy, pick a slip of cut out paper with the
name on it from the list out of a bucket.

Anyway, I got a gig working for SonyMusic in Santa Monica CA. So if
anybody is in the neighborhood and needs inexpensive Sony Equipment
let me know offline. We have a Sony shop on campus for employees and
friends and family of. E.g. ; Sony Wega TV 24" $179, 27" $200, 32" $299, and 36"
Wega for $399 B-stock (refurbished) plus laptops,
VGNA290 "A" Series $1799.99     new $2799    (2 available)
VGNA160 "A" Series $1629.48     new $2229    (2 available)
VGNFS550 "FS" Series $1150.57 new $1599    (3 available)
PCGK35 "K" Series $1099.99       new $1699    (3 available)
digital cameras
I just got my self a DCSP41 4.1 MP digintal camera for $117
and
video cameras, etc.

Side bar, some guy from one of the other user groups I solicited had
said in response to when I sent out the email with the bonus incentive PDA
announcement, "knowing Don, he'll probably go to Fry's and buy the
cheapest Palm for about $30….." (first of all he didn't know me). But
I responded: "at one of the previous companies I worked at they made
me carry a PDA, and I had insisted only one thing, that it be in color
– it's easier on the eyes than the amber one's". The Palm the company
got ran OS 4.0. Later when I bought my own Sony Clie TJ25 which ran OS
5.0. I liked it better, therefore, I said I will only make two promises on the
PDA bonus, that it will be in color and have Palm OS 5.0. So the PDA
I've settled on that's within my budget and keep my word is either the Sony
Clie PGE-TJ27 or the Palm Zire 31 to the winner. Even though Sony has left the PDA market,
their still available if you know where to look.

Thanks again to all who responded to the survey, Take Care

Don Tran