[wplug] Seeking 3 Sysadmins (Linux, Networking & Windows)

Moshe Katz-Hyman mkatz at combinenet.com
Fri Apr 29 14:05:51 EDT 2005

Hello, all.  Time to sneak out of the shadows here a bit an announce
that my company, CombineNet is seeking to fill 3 Systems Administration
positions: Linux, Networking and Windows.

Please direct all inquires and resumes to jobs at combinenet.com.

I have included all 3 job descriptions after my signature.  CombineNet
does some interesting stuff, and we are looking for some top quality
people to help us out.

Moshe

P.S.  They make me add this last bit. ;-P

The information contained in this e-mail message and its attachments
are intended only for the personal and confidential use of the named
recipient(s).  If you are neither the intended recipient nor the person
responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you are not
authorized to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this
e-mail or its attachments.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message.  E-mail is susceptible to data corruption, interception,
tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.  We are not liable for
data corruption, interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any
consequences thereof.

Moshe Katz-Hyman				Sys Admin/Bit Pimp
mkatz at combinenet.com			CombineNet

P.P.S.  This signature is not machine washable.  Non-chlorine bleach
only.

---------
Senior Systems Administrator

CombineNet is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our
core IT team in designing, implementing, and maintaining our production
network. At a minimum, potential candidates should have the following:

7+ years experience as a Systems Administrator
3+ years experience with 24x7 production network environments
Experience providing application service via the Internet
Outstanding Redhat Linux expertise
Deep knowledge of Linux server security
Proven ability at script writing using Perl, shell scripts, or similar
tools.
Experience with Apache Web Servers on the Internet
Ingenuity and creativity in troubleshooting and problem solving
Tenacity and integrity under pressure

Our Ideal Candidate:

Candidates should have had significant past experience with and
expertise in most of the following:

RPM creation from custom source code
NetApp filer clustering
MySQL Database Administration on Linux
MySQL Linux Clustering
Oracle RAC on Linux
Linux server clusters
Redhat Network Provisioning Module – specifically, the following:
Bare Metal Provisioning
Existing State Provisioning
Multi State Rollback (including snapshot based recovery)
Configuration Management
RPM Based Application Provisioning
Kickstart Configuration Writer
Redhat Network Satellite Architecture – specifically, the following:
Custom Channels
Channel Cloning and Management Tools
Channel Permissions
Bare Metal PXE Boot Provisioning
Integrated Network Install Tree
Configuration Management Profiles
College degree and/or relevant RedHat certifications preferred. Please
expect a rigorous interview process.

---------
Senior Network Engineer

CombineNet is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our core IT
team in designing and implementing our IP network. At a minimum,
potential candidates should have the following:

7+ years experience as a Network Engineer
3+ years experience with 24x7 production environments
Enterasys N series Ethernet Switching and XSR security router experience
Excellent IP networking fundamentals
In depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing
protocols
Excellent network design and analysis fundamentals
Strong Unix/Linux skills
Scripting/Programming background a plus
Proven reverence for production networks and systems as hallowed ground
Possesses ingenuity and creativity in troubleshooting and problem
solving
Exhibits tenacity and integrity under pressure
Good communication skills

Our Ideal Candidate:

Candidates should have had significant past experience with and
expertise in most of the following:

Protocols and technologies: T1, 802.11, STP, IP, TCP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP,
VRRP, IPSEC, netflow, DNS, HTTP, SSL.

Operations:
Enterasys product certifications or deep knowledge of Enterasys network
policy manager, Enterasys Atlas insight manager, and Enterasys Router
manager
F5 BigIP Load balancer configuration, operation and troubleshooting
Traffic shaping on Packeteer Packetshaper
OSPF routing architecture design, analysis, and testing
Cisco VPN Concentrators
Secure network design, Cisco Pix Firewall architecture and configuration
BGP multi-homed network experience
Secure wireless network design and implementation
Traffic analysis and capacity planning
Peering relationship management
College degree and/or relevant Enterasys product certifications
preferred. Please expect a rigorous interview process.

---------
Senior Windows Network Administrator

CombineNet is looking for a Senior Windows Network Administrator to
join our core IT team in designing and implementing our corporate
Windows network. At a minimum, potential candidates should have the
following:

7+ years experience designing, implementing, and operating
mission-critical Windows network installations
Excellent Windows network design and analysis fundamentals
A strong architectural portfolio
Windows scripting/programming background a plus
Strong customer service orientation
Ingenuity and creativity in troubleshooting and problem solving
Excellent communication skills

Our Ideal Candidate:

Candidates should have had significant past experience with and
expertise in most of the following:
Active Directory and Group Policy
Windows scripting
Proven ability at Active Directory based Software deployment
Understands Windows Security Model
Microsoft Software Update Server
MS Exchange administration
Experience with software deployment tools like Altiris or IBM Director
Understanding of the requirements of a Windows and Linux hybrid
environment
Symantec Enterprise Anti-Virus
Enterprise PGP or equivalent
Cisco VPN client
Enterprise ZoneAlarm

College degree and/or current (Windows 2000 or better) MCSE preferred.
Please expect a rigorous interview process.