[wplug] Woke up this morning to a noisy machine...hard drives?

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Thu Apr 28 14:54:13 EDT 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Poyner, Brandon wrote:

> Depending on your comfort level, cheaper and quicker is to take a
> standard 80mm case fan (or whatever size fits the power supply) and
> splice the wires.  Optionally do the same with a known to be good fan
> out of an old power supply. Be sure to at least use electrical tape to
> hold it together.  Hold breath, grab fire extinguisher, plug into wall.
> Actually it's not that bad, I've done it many times before.

I *could've* done that.  I didn't think of splicing the wires, but now
that you mention it, it certainly seems like it would've worked.

Quicker and cheaper, yes.  Better option though?  Probably not, long term.
Especially if FedEx gets here early tomorrow.

I will certainly keep it in mind for a different situation though.

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)                                           ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.net <--personal | http://www.sugapablo.com <--music    ]