[wplug] (OT) 32 more bits

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:20:53 EDT 2005

On 4/27/05, Drew from Zhrodague <drew at zhrodague.net> wrote:

>         I think that a Palm Pilot has enough computing power for surfing,
> email, and systems administration. Software is so bloated today, where we
> need a 3Ghz machine with 2 gigs of RAM to do the same things we all did 10
> years ago on our 90Mhz pentiums -- with little innovation, save a few
> bells and whistles.

I recently got a Treo 650 (Palm-based GSM phone).  I *can* surf the
web, do my email and SSH into my linux workstation to do system
administration from it.  So... I definately agree.  I just wish that I
could have a better, smaller-but-comfortable laptops for programming
in my comfy chair.

--
  Jonathan Billings
jsbillings at gmail.com