[wplug] OT -- Hoax Information Websites

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:38:02 EDT 2005

On 4/20/05, Doug Green <diego96 at mac.com> wrote:
> The problem in this case is that you're dealing with the parents of
> students... Ranting about your colleagues or friends is one thing, but it
> clearly wouldn't be appropriate in cases where a more diplomatic(?) solution
> is required.
>
> Is there a way to block emails that have a certain number of "forwards" in
> the header? That might be a start.

The problem is that there is no strictly defined way of defining the
number of forward hops a message has taken.  People trim the Subject
line, or change it altogether.  Also, each email client encapsualtes
the forwarded message in their own special way.

It's best to educate the sender, I think.

--
  Jonathan Billings
jsbillings at gmail.com