[wplug] adding new drives

Chris Ott cott at acclamation.com
Wed Apr 20 11:00:52 EDT 2005

John Harrold wrote:

> You could also just run rsync on the two different trees to make sure
> _everything_(names, file sizes, bits, etc.) matches .

While we're on the subject of rsync, does anyone have any slick ways to
get around the limit on the number of files rsync can handle? I have a
filesystem here with close to 3 million files and rsync won't handle it.
I thought about writing a script, but it always turns out to be more
complicated than I expect.

Incidently, rsync's diagnostics aren't very good in this respect either:
it sits for about ten minutes (presumably collecting file names), then
simply says "Out of memory." Took me a few days to figure that one out.

Chris