[wplug] Re: Moving to new Computer (Thanks)

Greg Akins gakins at insomnia-consulting.org
Tue Apr 19 20:47:04 EDT 2005

Thanks for the advice

I don't mind using this as an excuse to change distributions (in fact, I
will probably do just that).

Getting data from ~ isn't a huge problem, since I keep most of my data
in a single place.

Looks like Debian will make this easier in the future; though I was
thinking of Trying Fedora next.

Adding the old drive as a master would be OK, except my computer, and
probably the new computer are laptops... Not sure if the laptop can
handle a slave (even if it's sitting outside the computer).

One of those harddrive enclosures to turn a regular drive into a
external drive seems like a good idea.

Anyways, thanks again for the pointers.
--
Greg Akins <gakins at insomnia-consulting.org>