[wplug] suggestions on Unix/Linux machines at Pitt labs?

Michael Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Tue Apr 19 12:55:18 EDT 2005

Bobbie Eicher wrote:
> And yes, the fact that the default size of the Mozilla cache is large
> enough (or was, at least, at the time I first used those computers
> ~2(?) years ago) that it caused me to have to log into those computers
> via command line to kill the cache files off so I could get back to
> Mozilla and tell it not to cache anymore is a pretty sad setup.

I don't even know where these computers are, but I just wonder if anyone
has brought this to the attention of Computing Services?  If I had any
personal information regarding this problem, I would call the University
Help desk (624-HELP), open a ticket, and see what happens.  Call back
once per week to check on the status.  Describe to them what needs to be
done to fix the situation, and then hammer it home.

It may feel like David vs. Goliath, but the truth is that most of the
people in that department take pride in doing things well but have a
daunting amount of work to keep on top of.  If you give them a nudge in
the right direction, it will get fixed.  Maybe not as quickly as you
think it should, but it won't take more than a month.

Mike