[wplug] adding new drives

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:07:07 EDT 2005

I just installed Slack 10.1 on an older windows box.  It has 6 SCSI
drives.  During the install, slack only picked up the first disk.  I
just installed everything under "/".  After install I did the
following for the other five disks.

# fdisk /dev/sdb
   d (delete part)
   n (new part)
   p (primary)
   1 (1st one)
   w (write)

# mkfs.reiserfs /dev/sdb1

I can can new create directorys and mount those disks to each
directory.  Now this is where I need some help.  I want to have them
mounted something like this:
sda3 /
sdb1 /home
sdc1 /tmp
sdd1 /var
sde1 /var/log
sdf1 something

so would I do something like this:

# cp -R /home /monted/sdb1

for each disk then add the entries to fstab?
/dev/sdb1   /home    reiserfs       ?????    ?   ?

What would I put in the last three columns?  Am I going about this
right?  I never had to add disks or edit the fstab before.

Thanks,
Chris