[wplug] suggestions on Unix/Linux machines at Pitt labs?

Juan Zuluaga jz31416 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 14:59:58 EDT 2005

I guess my question was badly written. 20 Mbs of space
in AFS are fine, I guess. Where I would like to have
more space is at the specific workstation where I'm
sitting. Why the workstation space has to be the same
as the AFS space?

>    As a user I get frustrated by the fact that the
> space I have available is only the same as my space
at
> the unixs.cis.pitt.edu shared system. If that space
is
> just 10Mb, and I already occupy 5 Mbs with webpages
> etc, I am just left with 5Mbs (space that gets also
> reduced, of course, each time I log, with the
> gnome/cde/mozillatemp files etc).

"As for you advising professionals how to do their
jobs more efficiently...by means of relaying
suggestions not your own...from a novice standpoint...
is a little rediculous. "

What would you prefer to receive? an uninformed
suggestion from a `novice'? or an informed suggestion
from a `novice'? And I, for once, if I have to get
flames, prefer them to be spell-checked. Else, they
appear ridiculous.

http://socioenlinea.blog.lemonde.fr/socioenlinea/
Comentarios sobre politica, sociedad y ciencia social.