[wplug] Seen alot of job postings to the list

Michael P. O Connor mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Fri Apr 15 11:20:41 EDT 2005

I have seen alot of job postings to the list as of late, so I have a
quick question, should we open up a jobs at wplug.org list for jobs
postings that people wish to send out can be put on?

Second, I got the following job offer message in my inbox today.  And I
probably will not repsond for 2 reasons 1) I am very happy at my current
job right now 2) even if the former was not true, I don't think I am
qualified for this listing

------------- Forwarded message follows -------------

Perot Systems - Opportunity in Pittsburgh

I found your resume as a result of an Internet search. We have a
position in Pittsburgh and you seem to have the skills and experience
for which we are looking.

I have included the job description below. If after reading it you
believe you are interested , please send me a WORD version of your
resume and a daytime # where I may call you.

Job Description

Perot Systems is seeking a UNIX administrator/Web Developer.

Primary responsibilities include day-to-day operational support of
clients HP

UX environment as well as web development.

Associate will also be responsible for daily support of

client's mass storage system (Clariion).  Other responsibilities include

management of client's daily backup systems and maintenance and creation
of

the clients' UNIX script, web development and web page design.

Required Skills:

UNIX Operating System (HP 11.0 preferred)

Java Scripting

Web Page Design

Desired Skills:

Shell Scripting