[wplug] Mapping SHIFT+CTRL to Mod3

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Fri Apr 15 10:32:23 EDT 2005

Dear Group,

Sorry about that, I was starting the message, then had to walk away.
Came back and found my 2 year old pounding on the keys.  I thought she
had closed the message, not sent it (did not find it in my sent folder)

Anyway, I guess the subject line really says what I need to do.  Does
anyone know of how I can map a SHIFT+CTRL to Mod3?

I use Blackbox, and bbkeys.  I have Super_L (i.e. left windows key)
mapped to Mod3, then with bbkeys, use Mod3+'SOME KEY' to launch a number
of different apps.  Works great when I am at the desktop (which has a
windows key).  But I also use a laptop as an X-Terminal (X :1 -query
DESKTOP_IP_ADDESS) and would like to be able to do a SHIFT+CTRL as the
Mod3.  I use SelectWM to run 1 of 2 different .xsession files based on
if I am at the desktop or at the laptop.  The two files look like this:
DESKTOP XSESSION:

synergys &
hotkeys -b &
xmodmap ~/.xmodmap.desktop &
imwheel -k -b 0067 &
bbkeys -w -t -no -rc /home/kevin/.bbtools/bbkeys.desktop.rc &
bbmail &
sleep 5 && bbsload &
sleep 5 && docker &
exec blackbox

LAPTOP XSESSION:

xmodmap ~/.xmodmap.laptop &
bbkeys -w -t -no -rc /home/kevin/.bbtools/bbkeys.laptop.rc &
bbmail &
sleep 5 && bbsload &
sleep 5 && docker &
exec blackbox
As you may notice I am keeping track of 2 different .bbkeysrc files and
2 xmodmap files.  I would like to narrow that down some by using the
same bbkeys file for both.