[wplug] Ftp to websites

Arnaud Loos arnaud at arnaudloos.com
Fri Apr 15 09:26:50 EDT 2005

Given the recent discussion on ftp vs sftp I have a question regarding web
hosting. My current service only allows ftp to upload files to my site. Sftp
is not provided, with the explanation being that I have purchased hosting
services and not a shell account. This always kinda bothered me and I'm just
curious if this is the norm. Do people pay extra for hosting and a shell
account just so they can use sftp? If not, I guess I'll have to look up the
thread on hosting providers from a while back an make a change.

Arnaud-