[wplug] DB2 on Linux

Petrucci, Joseph Joseph.Petrucci at ddiworld.com
Wed Apr 13 12:56:49 EDT 2005

Keir

In udb/db2 the ratio of containers to raw partician (equal to datafiles in Oracle) is one to one not the ration of tablespace to raw. I believe it is the same for oracle. But you have a very valid point a db2 database of 7 Terabytes with only 255 containers would perform poorly to say the least. Thanks for poining that out I forgot about the device limit. But if there is a significant performance increase in say writing to large clustered tables, or large reads there may be an advantage to having some of my tablespaces on raw and some on file system.

Joe