[wplug] DB2 on Linux

Petrucci, Joseph Joseph.Petrucci at ddiworld.com
Wed Apr 13 11:32:08 EDT 2005

I am designing an implementation of DB2/UDB 8.1 (parallel) on Linux (fedora core 3) and Veritas Cluster server on Dell machines with an EMC Storage array for one of my clients. This will be a several Terabyte database for telecomm applications. The application servers will also be running on the same type equipment and Linux environment but will be in a WebSphere cluster instead of VCS. Can anyone point me in the proper direction for information on the following.

1.. booting Linux from a SAN. (Altboot to internal drives)
2.. Raw patricians verses file systems for UDB/DB2 databases on Linux
3.. Load balancing across a Linux (VCS) cluster.

Thanks
Joe