[wplug] Tiff documents

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Apr 8 12:28:46 EDT 2005

Tom Fetherston <tfetherston at ncdcorp.com> wrote:
> I guess I need a utility to split the multipage tiff into single page
> tiffs so I can convert them to bitmaps and use potrace to convert them
> to SVG.

ImageMagick's convert utility should do this:

"Use an optional index enclosed in brackets after a file name to specify a
 desired subimage of a multi-resolution image format like Photo CD (e.g.
 img0001.pcd[4]) or a range for MPEG images (e.g. video.mpg[50-75]). A
 subimage specification can be disjoint (e.g. image.tiff[2,7,4])."

You can use the -adjoin option to reassemble.