[wplug] Tiff documents

Tom Fetherston tfetherston at ncdcorp.com
Thu Apr 7 14:21:19 EDT 2005

Thanks to all the list members for suggestions on copying old floppy
media, the Catalyst disk controller looks like the way to go, I doubt I
ever would have come across that on my own!

We often have manuals that we need to duplicate to send out with
reconditioned equipment, as the other half of the company provides scan
and serve as a asp, this works out well in terms of getting things
scanned, however, everything is converted to Tiff documents, a format
where each scanned page is appended as a tiff to a multipage tiff file.

I'm looking at converting the 11 by 17 inch schematics from tiff to svg
format (found potrace on source forge).

I guess I need a utility to split the multipage tiff into single page
tiffs so I can convert them to bitmaps and use potrace to convert them
to SVG.

Any one have any recommendations on a splitter, reassemble, mulipage
Tiff viewer under Linux?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Tom