[wplug] To server host or not to server host.....

Michael P. O Connor mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Thu Apr 7 11:27:36 EDT 2005

I myself use ehostpros.com, they have good service, and when my site got
/.'ed with a 8Mb video file being linked to from the front page of /.
the site was still running at full speed (well until I blasted pasted my
bandwidth limit, but I was able to buy some extra bandwidth to get the
site back up, from midnight to 6pm on 10/8/2004 my site was running at
8Mbits a second according the logs, I used 52Gb of transfer that day, I
only had 25Gb of transfer at that time) it was even commented on /. how
the site was not even slowing down.

They have cPanel for one to administrate your account from.  And the
price is good, I pay $20 a month and I have 2 GB of space and 70 GB of
transfer a month and 20 mySQL databases.  (The $15 a month plan that has
1.5Gb of space and 60Gb of transfer with the add-ons of 500Mb for
another $5 a month and a free extra 10Gb of transfer for free for
putting a link back to their site on my site.  Also if you are willing
to pay for a full year in advance they will double your space and bandwidth)

I have been with them since last June and have been happy with them. I
also have my domains registered with them.

Also some other things for all of their accounts
Unlimited pop address
Unlimited add-on domains
Unlimited FTP accounts
Unlimited Email forwards