[wplug] case utility

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Apr 4 19:58:14 EDT 2005

Teodorski, Christopher wrote:
> The question is:  Is there a good way to grab a filename from a
> directory -- and match it regardless of case within all files in the
> directory and if a match is found replace it with the proper case.

I'm definitely not an Apache guru, but might "mod_speling" do what
you need?  From the docs - "It does its work by comparing each document
name in the requested directory against the requested document name
without regard to case, and allowing up to one misspelling (character
insertion / omission / transposition or wrong character)."

If you Google, you can find a patch that lets you only change case and
not correct misspellings.