[wplug] Richard Stallman talk at Pitt.

Belcher, Christopher B. cbelcher at ccac.edu
Mon Apr 4 18:14:32 EDT 2005

As a former English major (at several colleges) and English professor, I take offense to your suggestion that social activitism is only for folks of the aforesaid ilk. Frankly, we hate it as much as anyone, but we are forced to nod our heads and scowl thoughtfully when anyone in academia mentions the concept in order to appear enlightened and accrue brownie points towards getting tenure :)
(BTW, I have since seen the light and switched to teaching Computer Science)
CBelcher