[wplug] Richard Stallman talk at Pitt.

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 14:29:55 EDT 2005

You might consider what actually causes change in the world.

Pushing hard for a principle gives you a position to compromise from.  Starting
from the position of compromise gives you no principle on which to stand.  In
other words, if everyone plays good cop, we're going to be forever farther from
the goal.

Don't worry, there's only one Richard Stallman, there will always be a Linus or
a Bruce Perens or an ESR to smooth things over with the corporate world.

Bryguy

ps - whoever said RMS is an activist first and a programmer second, in my
opinion anyone who writes a widely used C compiler, libc implementation, and
editor has done enough programming for a lifetime.  What else does the guy have
to do?