[wplug] Richard Stallman talk at Pitt.

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:31:56 EDT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 10:30 AM, Tim Lesher <tim at lesher.ws> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:41:50AM -0700, Michael P. O Connor wrote:
> > Are you sure you want to do that, he will be screamming on how beer
> > should be free.
>
> Yeah, the only thing more annoying than an out-of-touch idealist is
> people mischaracterizing an out-of-touch idealist.

Which is almost as funny as a zealot annoyed by someone mocking their
out-of-touch idealist.

Humor aside, I've always been annoyed by RMS, mostly because he is an
activist before being a programmer.  Every time I've see him talking
to a reporter in some news report, i want to tell the reporter, "HE
DOESN'T REPRESENT US ALL!"  I appreciate the GNU organization, I
benefit from it's works daily, but I don't agree with all of his
philsophy.

--
  Jonathan Billings
jsbillings at gmail.com