[wplug] Richard Stallman talk at Pitt.

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 4 12:08:14 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 12:18 -0400, Teodorski, Christopher wrote:
> Woo-hoo!
>
> As a big RMS fan -- I'm very excited....

For extra fun, be sure ask questions with the phrase "Intellectual
Property" and make references to how RFID's are going to be in
passport's soon.  Make sure to point out that you pay for everything
with credit cards and say that Bush is the greatest president ever.
Also count the number of times he says that he "wrote an operating
system" (which technically isn't false, but is far from the way he often
portrays it in most contexts, that he wrote Linux).

Someone should make a buzzword card for RMS.  Collect every phrase he
freaks out when people say and then try to work them together in one
evening.

This isn't meant to bash him, I've got great respect for his work and
what he has done, it's just that the times I've talked to him or heard
his talks if you mention issues that he does not agree with he will let
you know and be quite firm that his way is the only way.

--Patrick