[wplug] BSD help?

Cameron McBride cameron.mcbride at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 14:38:50 EST 2005

> Is grub better than LILO? Why not use LILO?

they do the same thing.  grub is a bit more "modern".  I think the
main selling point that people often cite is that one can just edit
the grub.conf file and the system is still bootable (and not have to
reinstall the MBR image as LILO requires on a change).

Honestly, I changed from LILO->grub simply because the default
bootloader changed on distros I use.  I've been happy with both of
them.  I must admit, however, that it is mildly annoying to make an
unbootable system just cause I forgot to run a lilo command.

Cameron