[wplug] Diary keeping software in linux

J Aaron Farr farra at apache.org
Thu Sep 30 11:27:30 EDT 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 10:07 am, Dileep Vangasseri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a simple software  in linux by which I can keep a
> personal diary. I checked the software "diary" at sourceforgenet but
> could not make it functional. It needed a command "merge" which is not
> available in my suse 9.0. Does anyone know about a good software for
> diary keeping?

I use emacs and docbook [1].

That's right, I write my journal in XML.  I don't admit this often. :)

But the nice thing about it is that the actual text is saved in simple
ASCII text files and I can always transform the source text into HTML, PDF
or some other more printer friendly format.

jaaron

[1] http://docbook.org/