[wplug] Nvidia vs. ???? : SOLVED

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Tue Sep 28 01:06:51 EDT 2004

I switched my PNY GeForce 4 MX 420 video card to an ATI Redeon 9200 today.
The difference is AMAZING and my freezing desktop problem seems to be gone.

No more proprietary drivers on my system. I am fully open source now.
No more tainted kernel, etc.

The new card is double the memory and AGP speed of the old one.
Graphics (3D) look great and Enemy Territory plays better than ever.

I am once again a happy camper.

Thanks for the tips and info,

Bob