[wplug] lousy european crackers

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 27 12:58:12 EDT 2004

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate for portsentry and logsentry from
Psionic.  These fellows work together with IPTables to lock down your
computer.  I used them on my server with a good degree of success.  The
downside is that if you're not careful you'll end up locking yourself
out.

Unfortunately, Psionic got bought out by the man (Cisco).  I think there
is a open source version on SourceForge under the name "sentrytools".

--Patrick