[wplug] new install seems to hang or sleep machine?

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Sat Sep 25 15:26:02 EDT 2004

I had Debian (Woody) on my old Sony Vaio for a year with no problems.  A
bad dselect accident ruined that.

I installed Mandrake (9.1) on the machine this morning.  While SSHed into
the box, it froze and I could see the power light was blinking.

I fussed with the keyboard that was plugged into it (I was not logged in
locally to the machine) and it kicked back up and I was able to type from
my remote session again.

This happened a few times.  I'm just in there typing away on a remote SSH
session and the box freezes and the power light starts blinking.

I've never seen this before.  Is this something Mandrake is doing?  (Can't
imagine as I'm typing this on 10.0 right now, and have previously used 9.1
and 8.2).

Any ideas on what's causing this?

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]