[wplug] fsck running in background?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Thu Sep 23 09:05:19 EDT 2004

Sometime in September Poyner, Brandon assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| That doesn't sound so good.  What did badblocks say?  Did you also try
| running 'smartctl -t long /dev/hdc' followed by another smartctl -a?

The disk was in my primary file server. Since I had an identical setup in
the backup server, I swapped out the drive and the cable between the two.
In the backup server I'm going to try the long test and badblocks again
with a new cable to see what that gives me.

Say the drive is bad, what information would I need to RMA the drive?
Should I send it to WD or back to newegg where I purchased it?

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E