[wplug] Nvidia vs. ????

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Wed Sep 22 23:41:06 EDT 2004

Man - I thought we had something there.
Then I did some checking.

I'm using the latest Nvidia driver 1.0-6111 which is reported to have support
for 4k stacks.

I then thought I'd check the BIOS for the Assign IRQ to VGA, after all, my
initial response to this setting is to disable it.
I googled this topic and found an article mentioning that high-end video cards
need this enabled. I figured this MUST be the problem.

I went into BIOS and looked for the "Assign IRQ to VGA" setting.
I found NOTHING !!!!!
I hit the super secret CTL-F1 key combination to bring up the advanced BIOS
options. I read about this in a forum and would probably never discovered it
on my own since it's not mentioned anywhere in the manual or on the M.B.
manufacture's web site.
Even still, I could find no option for Assign IRQ to VGA.
I even started to manually assign IRQ's hoping it might pop up somewhere - it
didn't.

This is my first APIC motherboard so maybe there's something going on with
that.

Unless I hear some other suggestions to try, I'm going to get (when extra $$
is on hand) an ATI 9200 video card and see if that works.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Bob